I'm looking for ideas for role models for my 11-year-old daughter--since my recent attempt was less than successful. Since my daughter claims to be interested in environmental causes--touting "go green" on her t-shirts and books--I took her to a discussion by Annie Leonard, who created the Youtube video The Story of Stuff--about the environmental waste of all the useless stuff we buy. I thought she might enjoy seeing an important woman in person, not just on the Web or TV. But five minutes into the lecture, my daughter fell asleep, and was out cold for the rest of the night. Granted, it was a busy school day, she had missed her nap, and the lecture was at night--but I know if it was some pop idol like Taylor Swift she would have stayed awake.
Any suggestions?
In the meantime, take a look at this video--I thought it was quite interesting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment